Working virtually alone, on infinitesimal budgets, often using a used 16mm newsreel camera, Milligan crafted some of the most unique melodramas of the s and s.
Often mounted as period pieces, using costumes sewn by the filmmaker, Milligan's gritty, bizarre films come across as inimitable meldings of the avant-garde theater of Jean Genet, the experimental films of Jack Smith, and the random cinema verite of a lunatic with a home movie camera. Yet Milligan's films are anything but random, ruminating at length on profound sociocultural themes of the day, including the emptiness of the sexual revolution.
Evident throughout all the films are two pet themes: a rabid deconstruction of the heterosexual paradigm, and a grotesque illumination of the family as breeder of dysfunction. Read more Read less.
- The Life of George Washington, Vol. 4 Commander in Chief of the American Forces During the War which Established the Independence of his Country and First President of the United States!
- Keyword Search;
- The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die?
- Gutter Auteur: The Films of Andy Milligan by Rob Craig - nawindtsitadas.cf.
- Seeds + Vapors!
- MOVIES & MANIA | Cult cinema: fantasy, horror, sci-fi, thrillers and more;
Review "Recommended"-- Bookgasm ; ""Excellent About the Author Rob Craig has been writing about cult film for over twenty years. No customer reviews. Share your thoughts with other customers.
Gutter Auteur: The Films of Andy Milligan - Rob Craig - Google книги
Write a customer review. The repetition of ideas from page to page and chapter to chapter reek of a doctoral dissertation. So many outrageous comparisons are made, e. Every interpretation of any of Milligan's works boils down to incest and sadism.
While this may be true, if it's the case in every case, then doing separate chapters for each movie becomes unnecessary and mind-numbingly repetitious, as this book indeed does. Overall, this was an extremely put-downable book that I got almost to the end of, but just couldn't quite make it. It's a slog, it's badly written, and may be the most poorly written excuse for a book about Andy Milligan I can even imagine.
And, that's saying something! There are no discussion topics on this book yet. About Rob Craig. Rob Craig.
- Gutter Auteur: The Films of Andy Milligan in Film & Drama Film & Drama at Strand Books.
- Philip A. Fisher Collected Works, Foreword by Ken Fisher: Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits, Paths to Wealth through Common Stocks, Conservative Investors ... and Developing an Investment Philosophy.
- Human Relations: A Game Plan for Improving Personal Adjustment!
Rob Craig has been writing about cult film for more than twenty years. His work has been published in such magazines as Videoscope, Screem and Horror-Wood. He lives in New Haven, Connecticut. Books by Rob Craig. Trivia About Gutter Auteur: Th No trivia or quizzes yet.
Tough Films For The Rough Crowd
Welcome back. Contemporaries 32 4. Vapors 45 5.
Lost Souls of Times Square 52 6. The Master Showman 72 7.
Gutter Auteur: The Films of Andy Milligan
Sexploitation Revolution 89 8. Seeds 9. The Ghastly Ones Torture Dungeon